Sunday, December 20, 2009

Reflections

Somedays doing this blog was hectic. May I'd had a long day and then realized I needed something for the blog. At one point I begged my roommate to let me buy her something saying, "I need it for the blog!" After that, if I did something nice, she'd just say, "Is that going on the blog?" And it would.
Because I knew I needed to write the blog I searched for every opportunity. There were times when I saw a chance and almost let it pass me by but then I'd remember I needed it for the blog. But that mindset blossomed into something a little more Christlike. For instance, on days when I already had something for the blog and I would see another opportunity, I'd take it. Not "for the blog," but because it was just the right thing to do.
I hope after this little experiment that I will continue to do a good turn every day. Now it won't be "for the blog," but just because I'm a good person. My momma raised me that way. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    Thank you!! This is a wonderful gift and very sweet. I loved it. I should try doing it and maybe I, too, could help people around me a little more without them knowing who it was. I try to be helpful at work just trying to make the work environment more pleasant. Sometimes, however, I feel like putting up a sign that I have seen a few places that says "Your mother doesn't work here". (I know that is not the right spirit.)
    As you know the pillow case project has sort of turned into me trying to make someone happier. I have hoped that it is a secret except for my "contact". but I don't know. Lately I have been thinking that I should be more involved helping people here in the neighborhood, but so far that help is very minute. I think it is a wonderful talent for individuals who are able to recognize a need and then take care of it without any prompting from someone else. I guess maybe that happens when we are living so that we recognize the spirit.
    Thanks again, you surely are a precious example of being an instrument in the Lord's hand. The world is a better place because of the opportunities for service you recognized and then rendered during this last three months. Thank you for sharing.
    I love you, lots
    MOM

    ReplyDelete